TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Postby PQatPIT on Fri May 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Do You have a driver stage unit between M150 outputs and actual wastegate motor? Maybe Motec DHB unit?
PQatPIT
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Re: TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Postby SDean on Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi,

These units can be driven using a DHB to control the motor, the normal HB outputs do not have the current capacity (unless the operation of the gate is slowed down greatly) to drive this motor.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
User avatar
SDean
Site Admin
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Postby karel021 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:29 am

SDean wrote:Hi,

These units can be driven using a DHB to control the motor, the normal HB outputs do not have the current capacity (unless the operation of the gate is slowed down greatly) to drive this motor.


Hey any chance there will be a second boostservo to choose from ? or any other good way to setup 2 of these?
karel021
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Re: TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Postby NathanB on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:01 pm

karel021 wrote:
SDean wrote:Hi,

These units can be driven using a DHB to control the motor, the normal HB outputs do not have the current capacity (unless the operation of the gate is slowed down greatly) to drive this motor.


Hey any chance there will be a second boost servo to choose from ? or any other good way to setup 2 of these?


At the moment, there is no timeline to add a boost servo bank 2 option to any packages that do not currently support it. However, in place of using a MoTeC DHB, you could use a turbosmart Black box, which is intended to drive 2 boost servos on single output, which will suit parallel twin turbo applications.
NathanB
MoTeC
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Re: TurboSmart E-WG Motec M150

Postby karel021 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:33 am

NathanB wrote:
karel021 wrote:
SDean wrote:Hi,

These units can be driven using a DHB to control the motor, the normal HB outputs do not have the current capacity (unless the operation of the gate is slowed down greatly) to drive this motor.


Hey any chance there will be a second boost servo to choose from ? or any other good way to setup 2 of these?


At the moment, there is no timeline to add a boost servo bank 2 option to any packages that do not currently support it. However, in place of using a MoTeC DHB, you could use a turbosmart Black box, which is intended to drive 2 boost servos on single output, which will suit parallel twin turbo applications.



Gotcha will look into it.
karel021
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Previous

Return to M1 ECUs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests