Noob Question. flex fuel missing?

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Noob Question. flex fuel missing?

Postby wakeboardcraze on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:32 pm

Hi All, New to motec and trying to figure out the deal with all the packages and what not. I have a basic M130 GPA license ecu with a watercract license as well in order to get Yamaha packages. Im running my ecu on a Yamaha watercraft and have the correct package loaded up and I do not see the option for flex fuel. It was my understanding that flex fuel was part of a GPA license. What are my options to possibly add flex fuel into my yamaha package, if there is no way what are my options? flex fuel capability will make my life MUCH easier.

Thank You in advance!
wakeboardcraze

Re: Noob Question. flex fuel missing?

Postby SDean on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:09 am

Hi,

GPA does have Flex Fuel capabilities, it is under Fuel Composition. Flex Fuel user guide

The PWC Firmware does not have the Fuel Composition functionality in them for a number of reasons, the primary one being that the hydrophilic nature of Ethanol based fuels when used in a water craft can lead to fuel contamination, this will give a false reading to an Ethanol Content sensor (increases the detected %) and risk engines. Also, a lot of PWC's do not have Ethanol compatible fuel tanks, so the use of Ethanol based fuels in these tanks can lead to damage that compromises the integrity of the tanks.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
SDean
Site Admin

Postby wakeboardcraze on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 am

SDean wrote:Hi,

GPA does have Flex Fuel capabilities, it is under Fuel Composition. Flex Fuel user guide

The PWC Firmware does not have the Fuel Composition functionality in them for a number of reasons, the primary one being that the hydrophilic nature of Ethanol based fuels when used in a water craft can lead to fuel contamination, this will give a false reading to an Ethanol Content sensor (increases the detected %) and risk engines. Also, a lot of PWC's do not have Ethanol compatible fuel tanks, so the use of Ethanol based fuels in these tanks can lead to damage that compromises the integrity of the tanks.

fair enough. Now say I am aware of the risks, and already have complete e85 capable fuel system and tank. can this be added into my package?
wakeboardcraze

Postby SDean on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:57 am

Hi,

The next major update ofthe PWC Packages will have Flex Fuel added, mainly as it is a part of the base GP Packages and the PWC functionality will be rolled into that. Development of these Packages is currently in the planning stages so there will not be an update for at minimum three months.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
SDean
Site Admin

Postby LSX427 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:06 pm

SDean wrote:Hi,

The next major update ofthe PWC Packages will have Flex Fuel added, mainly as it is a part of the base GP Packages and the PWC functionality will be rolled into that. Development of these Packages is currently in the planning stages so there will not be an update for at minimum three months.

does the new gp lite m130 have flex fuel ?
LSX427

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 am

GP Lite does not have flex fuel support. Of course, you can calibrate it for E85-only.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
Check out Shift RPM - https://shiftrpm.veracitydata.com
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby LSX427 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:35 pm

David Ferguson wrote:GP Lite does not have flex fuel support. Of course, you can calibrate it for E85-only.

Thanks David
LSX427

Return to M1 ECUs