Forum search

Support for all parts of the MoTeC Website and the MoTeC Forum

Forum search

Postby Scott@FP on Tue May 22, 2012 12:11 pm

The forum search is pared down a wee bit tight, can it be fixed? For instance search for 'Lambda errors' throws out the term 'Lambda'. Its very difficult to get specific on search terms when 90% of them get thrown out for being too common, too short etc.
Scott@FP
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Re: Forum search

Postby pftuning on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 am

Scott@FP wrote:The forum search is pared down a wee bit tight, can it be fixed? For instance search for 'Lambda errors' throws out the term 'Lambda'. Its very difficult to get specific on search terms when 90% of them get thrown out for being too common, too short etc.

Agreed. This is painful.
Peter Florance
PFTuning
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
http://www.pftuning.com
pftuning
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 am

Re: Forum search

Postby pftuning on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm

pftuning wrote:
Scott@FP wrote:The forum search is pared down a wee bit tight, can it be fixed? For instance search for 'Lambda errors' throws out the term 'Lambda'. Its very difficult to get specific on search terms when 90% of them get thrown out for being too common, too short etc.

Agreed. This is painful.

Bump on this. I find the forum search restrictions maddening. :x
Can't someone turn this off? It can't possibly serve any useful purpose.

What I'm trying to do is save a phone call to a MoTeC engineer, so he can have time to work on something else. Today, he gets a phone call instead.

Respectfully,
Peter Florance
PFTuning
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
http://www.pftuning.com
pftuning
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 am

Re: Forum search

Postby stevieturbo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 pm

pftuning wrote:
pftuning wrote:
Scott@FP wrote:The forum search is pared down a wee bit tight, can it be fixed? For instance search for 'Lambda errors' throws out the term 'Lambda'. Its very difficult to get specific on search terms when 90% of them get thrown out for being too common, too short etc.

Agreed. This is painful.

Bump on this. I find the forum search restrictions maddening. :x
Can't someone turn this off? It can't possibly serve any useful purpose.

What I'm trying to do is save a phone call to a MoTeC engineer, so he can have time to work on something else. Today, he gets a phone call instead.

Respectfully,


Plus an issue resolved on a forum, is there for all to see and learn from it. Really, there doesnt seem to be enough response from Motec on a lot of queries.

It isnt a busy forum in the first place either, so shouldnt be too hard.
[url=https://ohne-rezeptkaufen.de/]https://ohne-rezeptkaufen.de/[/url]
stevieturbo
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:32 am

Re: Forum search

Postby pftuning on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Peter Florance
PFTuning
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
http://www.pftuning.com
pftuning
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 am

Re: Forum search

Postby pftuning on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 pm

For me the coping strategy is Google.com and adding site:www.motec.com/forum to the search terms.
Peter Florance
PFTuning
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
http://www.pftuning.com
pftuning
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:04 am

Re: Forum search

Postby TylerC on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:18 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to bump it anyway because this is still an issue. How are 'ignition' and 'lambda' not searchable terms? It's not like there are hundreds of thousands of posts in each of the subforums to search through.
Tyler
Technica Motorsports
TylerC
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Forum search

Postby SDean on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am

Hi All,

This is the first time that I have seen this topic, I'll look into it and see what can be done.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
User avatar
SDean
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:29 am
Location: Melbourne


Return to MoTeC Forum and Website Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests